Sunday, April 5, 2015

Wine Tasting- MacMurray Chardonnay

Wine Tasting- MacMurray Chardonnay



Name: MacMurray Estate Vineyards

Variety: Chardonnay
Country: United States
State: California
Year: 2013
Price: $18.99

Winery Review:
The MacMurray Ranch 2013 Russian River Valley Chardonnay is a rich expression of this celebrated appellation, with its elegant palate of citrus and lemon crème, underscored by hints of pear and green apple. Subtle notes of sweet caramel and vanilla from oak aging are framed by a luxurious mouthfeel

My Review:
Again, really soft wines so far this week. On the nose, I got really light apple and lemon. Now, this was oak aged but much more so elegantly than the Toasted Head I had a few weeks ago, the oak came through really subtly and didn't over power the wine. I do like a nice oaked wine but there is a right and wrong way to do it and this is it. I definitely got all those citrusy flavors but I also got peaches in the finish. Overall, really good.


I did not have food with this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment