Sunday, April 12, 2015

Wine Tasting- Torre Castillo Monastrell


Wine Tasting- Torre Castillo Monsastrell

Name: Torre Castillo
Variety: Monastrell
Country: Spain
Year: 2011
Price: $7.95

Winery Review:
100% Monastrell, aged in American oak for four months. Bright ruby. Powerful, spicy aromas of dark berry preserves and lavender. Fleshy and round on the palate, offering spicy blackberry and blueberry flavors and gaining sweetness with air. Finishes smooth, long and slightly warm.

My Review:
Again, I had absolutely no idea what Monastrell was before I tried it. On the nose, I definitely get a floral component with just a hint of jam and spice. On the palate, spicy yet not all that overpowering. An interesting combination with flavors that are surprisingly not quite as jammy as I would have expected. Overall, pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment