Sunday, February 1, 2015

Introduction

Welcome one and all to my (hopefully) weekly wine blog!

To begin, a brief introduction: my name is Alex and my experience with wine has, thus far, been pretty scarce.

Really, I was one of those people who, when asked if they wanted to at least try the wine at the dinner table would frown in disgust and almost assuredly would try to (very disgustingly) spit whatever I had in my mouth back into the cup. Yes, wine and I didn't have a good first impression of one another but as things changed (I got older) so too did my tastes. Now (hopefully) I can begin to learn how to appreciate wine for what it is.

Since the beginning of this class, I have bought three bottles of wine. All of which have been OK but unfortunately, I have difficulty establishing any real differences between tastes. So, goals for this semester include learning how to taste wine (sort of covered by now) but most of all, how to actually taste the flavors that are hiding away. Seriously, as of now, it may as well be all one and the same so being able to actually get a varied palate going.

So without further ado, let's begin this thing with, once again, (hopefully) weekly updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment