Sunday, February 15, 2015

Tasting- Chalkboard Malbec

Tasting- Chalkboard Malbec
Name: Chalkboard
Variety: 100% malbec
Country: Argentina
Year: 2013
Price: $9.99

Winery Review:
This sinfully rich malbec has concentrated plum and black current flavors topped with spicy cinnamon and nutmeg notes. The perfect match for a classic rib eye steak with chimichurri.

My Review:
Well, I really liked the moscato I had last week so I decided to give chalkboard another go with their malbec this week and once again, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I got strong hints of blackberry and the plum. I wasn't really able to pick out the nutmeg but what I did pick out was a vanilla-y kind of after taste from what I can only guess is the hallmark of being stored in oak. All-in-all, I found this wine to be absolutely fantastic.

I did not have this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment