Sunday, February 15, 2015

Tasting- LaMarca Prosecco Glera

Tasting- LaMarca Prosecco Glera

Name: LaMarca Prosecco
Variety: 100% Glera
Country: Italy
Region: Veneto
Year: 2014
Price: $14.99

Winery Review:
This sparkling wine is a pale, golden straw in color. Bubbles are full textured and persistent. On the nose the wine brings fresh citrus with hints of honey and white flowers. The flavor is fresh and clean, with ripe citrus, lemon, green apple, and touches of grapefruit, minerality, and some toast. The finish is light, refreshing, and crisp.

My Review:
So the local Kroger was having tastings on sparkling wines this weekend and I couldn't help but try a few to see what the deal was with this wine which I really have no experience with. Anyway, I really got apple and bubble here. I really missed out on a lot of other flavors I think but the bubbles were really difficult to get past. I mean, they weren't bad or anything, I felt they really made the apple flavors open up but I completely missed any hints of citrus, lemon or grapefruit and no way was I ever going to be able to guess that there would be hints of toast.

I did not have this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment