Sunday, February 15, 2015

Tasting- Barefoot Bubbly Moscato Spumante

Tasting- Barefoot Bubbly Moscato Spumante

Name: Barefoot Bubbly
Variety: 100% Moscato
Country: United States
Region: California
Year: 2014
Price: $10.99

Winery Review:
Sweet as a peach! Apricot and peachy flavors mix it up with a crisp acidity that hangs around with a really nice finish named tangerine

My Review:
As a preface, I have absolutely no idea what Spumante is but my guess is that it has something to do with the carbonation. Anyway, despite the big bubbles on this one, I did manage to get some of the flavors with this one. This one was acidic and usually I don't really like that in my wines (if Gnarly Head was any indication) but instead of tasting like a sour apple, some really nice citrus-y flavors complemented it very well. I got orange peel and some tangerine. Got hints of the peach but the apricot is still MIA. I really did like this wine, reminded me of alcoholic orange soda. 

I did not have this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment