Sunday, March 1, 2015

Tasting- Toasted Head Chardonnay

Tasting- Toasted Head Chardonnay

Name: Toasted Head
Variety: 96% Chardonnay, 4% Viognier
Country: United States
Region: California
Year: 2013
Price: $9.99

Winery Review:
This wine delivers white peach and Asian pear aromas and is rich, yet crisp on the palate with great acidity.  We prefer to just think of it as a solid American Chardonnay with some oaky heft behind it.

My Review:
This is the first oaked wine I've had and boy did I taste it here. Right off the bat, I smelled vanilla to the point where it was almost overpowering. It was a really heavy-bodied wine that had hints of butterscotch, pear, and that oak taste you get from whiskey. There was a bit of heat to it but as a personal preference, that doesn't mean a whole lot to me right now. Overall, I found it a good introduction to oak.

I did not have food with this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment