Sunday, March 1, 2015

Tasting- Gallo Family Pink Moscato

Tasting- Gallo Family Pink Moscato

Name: Gallo Family
Variety: 100% Moscato
Country: California
Year: 2014-15
Price: $5.99

Winery Review:
Our Pink Moscato is light-bodied and bursting with aromas of fresh citrus and peach, followed by hints of fresh red berries and orange blossoms. Great paired with an array of food from spicy dishes to sweet desserts

My Review:
So this was my introduction into flawed wines. The body of this wine just doesn't exist. Sniffing gave hints of...nothing. Actually nothing, I couldn't smell a single thing from this wine. A taste gave me apricot and berries but that's really it. After downing it, the taste didn't linger, it vanished as if it was never there. Perhaps there was a reason for the listed pricing because this wine was, well, not great.

I had this wine both with and without food. Slightly better with a slice of lemon cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment