Sunday, March 29, 2015

Wine Tasting- Chocovine

Tasting- Chocovine


Name: Chocovine
Variety: Supposedly Cabernet
Country: Holland
Year: ???
Price: $12.99

Winery Review:
ChocoVine is a fine French Cabernet subtly combined with a rich dark chocolate from Holland, paired together to create a decadent, silky smooth drink. It can be served on the rocks or as the main ingredient to an array of sinful cocktails.

My Review:
Blech. Perhaps my first big mistake here was thinking, "hey, I like these two things on their own, this sounds like a winning combination!" Well, no, it really isn't. I get chocolate milk on the nose and there isn't even the hint of Cabernet somewhere in there. It tastes like Bailey's but with a 14% alcohol percentage, there's some noticeable heat behind it. Well, if you plan on cooking with it, fine. Otherwise avoid.




I did not have this wine with food. Probably a mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment