Sunday, March 22, 2015

Wine Tasting- Blufeld Riesling

Tasting- Blufeld Riesling


Name: Blufeld
Variety: 100% Riesling
Country: Germany
Region: Mosel
Year: 2013
Price: $8.99

Winery Review:
The 2013 blüfeld medium sweet Riesling exhibits aromas of white flowers, lime, and ripe apricots. In the mouth, juicy acidity balances very well with the sweetness. A distinct minerality reminds us of the origin of this wine. blüfeld Riesling is light, bright, and precise, perfect for everyday enjoyment. Enjoy on its own or perfectly paired with spicy Asian cuisine, mild Indian dishes, sushi, salads, light appetizers, and, of course, German-style meals.

My Review:
Well, not bad for my first encounter with a Riesling. I can definitely see where the descriptor summery comes from. This wine was just extremely floral on the nose. Don't ask me which ones. I don't know anything at all about flowers. Anyway, the wine was sweet but not overpowering with a nice body. I got apricots, lime, and even some apple although not listed.




I did not have this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment